Category: Finance & Crypto
A cryptocurrency is a form of digital asset that people are starting to gain interest in. It is becoming more popular as many choose to invest in it They believe that this is the future of finance and money. Many ask the question how do I benefit and invest in cryptocurrency. Below are some approaches you can do to becoming rich with cryptocurrencies.
- Cryptocurrency faucets. Crypto faucets are not very common, but they are a very viable source of income. The most famous are Bitcoin faucets which are essentially a reward scheme that runs in the form of a website or application that would reward eligible users in the form of a Satoshi. A Satochi is a one-hundredth of a million Bitcoin, it is a reward for completing a mission, such as a capture or some other that the application or website may need. The duties may also be in a form of enjoyable hubbies such as playing games, watching videos or watching specific advertisements. You receive a small amount of Bitcoin for each task you complete. To make any real money from cryptocurrency faucets, you may need to complete a large number of tasks.
- Day Trading. Trading used to be limited to those employed by brokerage companies, trading houses or financial institutions. But with the advent of the Internet and online trading platforms, practically everyone can participate. Cryptocurrency Day trading can be a lucrative endeavor if done correctly, but it can be difficult for new traders. This is especially true to those who are unprepared and lack a well-thought-out strategy. A large percentage of cryptocurrency investors believe that day trading is the most successful way to make money with these digital currencies. Most of them also realize that day trading is more than merely holding an asset before its value rises, it takes a lot to be a day trader, but the most important prerequisite is that you have analytical and technical skills. You need to review market charts for the success of the listed assets, this may be the most time- consuming but the most satisfying ways to profit from cryptos. You can always start day trading anytime, all you have to do is to sign-up, buy some assets and evaluate.
- Long Term Investing. This is the simplest way to benefit from cryptocurrency. Many people choose not to exchange cryptocurrency but instead purchase a certain number of coins and keeping them in their wallets until the price increases, allowing them to benefit. Although there are several digital coins to choose from, use secured and liquid currencies. If you invest in a new crypto coin, it may be inexpensive at first, but the coin is likely to vanish after a period of market testing.
Blockchain continues to be a hot topic within the business world and news. Many of us have heard of blockchain but might not be acquainted with what it actually is. As a basic definition, blockchain may be a system that permits the creation of a digital ledger of transactions and therefore the ability to share them among a distributed network of computers.
The core good thing about blockchain is that it builds trust between parties sharing information. The data shared is encrypted as an electronic list of records or blocks. It can not be erased, which helps to confirm trust between users. Once information is recorded, it can not be changed without changing all of the records, which also provides for secure transactions between users. We’ve observed how this could be valuable to the insurance industry because it helps to make sure information is accurate, secure, and trusted.
Smart contracts help blockchain technology work. Per PwC, a wise contract could be a digitally signed, computable agreement between two or more parties. A virtual third party, a software agent, can execute and enforce a minimum of a number of the terms of such agreements. The smart contract allows the knowledge to be shared and executed in a very secure manner. For instance, consider this as an If/Then program: if an insured car is in an accident, then a claim is paid. The utilization of a sensible consent blockchain allows this kind of payment contract to be completed without human interaction because the information is secure and automatic. With the automation of the contract, we are able to begin to work out how this powerful technology can help large organizations.
Who Uses Blockchain?
Organizations with large amounts of stored records that require information to be moved and shared can enjoy using blockchain, which may include insurance companies like www.the-insurance-surgery.co.uk, banks, hospitals, and even governments. It’s important to know that there’s not only 1 blockchain within the world. There are different types of blockchains in use globally, with many sorts of blockchain initiatives in development.
- Open or public blockchain: used for governments or nonprofit organizations, where information is hospitable to the general public.
- Closed or private blockchain: allows only invited users to participate, see and use the knowledge. This may be of interest to insurance companies to use and share information on insurance policies for administration, billing, and claims payments. Only information that’s needed to be shared is shared.
Blockchain and Bitcoin
Blockchain is that the technology that allows the existence of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is that the first cryptocurrency, a sort of electronic cash, that blockchain technology was invented. Cryptocurrency is digital and uses encryption techniques to regulate the creation of monetary units and verify the transfer of funds. Bitcoin was created to figure as a type of payment from peer to see to figure in the blockchain.
Blockchain and Munich Re
Munich Re could be a founding member of the Blockchain Insurance Industry Initiative (B3i). B3i may be a group of 15 member companies to check the potential of blockchain for insurance. The initial focus of B3i was on property-casualty insurance and looking out to determine how insurers can use blockchain for catastrophe way over loss coverage. Blockchain is employed to automate and streamline processes for paying claims. The B3i initiative has been so successful that B3i has been spun off into a separate entity called the B3i Consortium.
Blockchain and the Industry of Insurance
Magdalena Ramada-Sarasola, PhD (InsurTech Innovation Leader EMEA, Willis Towers Watson) writes that blockchain has the potential to come up with disruption within the insurance industry in six ways:
- Event-triggered smart contracts
- Increased back-end efficiency
- Better pricing and risk assessment
- New varieties of insurance
- Reaching the underserved
Cost savings may be a major benefit that blockchain can provide. It’s logical to work out that claims, administration, underwriting, and products development will be impacted by the employment of blockchain, and today, much of blockchain use cases are focused on cost reduction efforts. Initial areas considered for insurance companies include using blockchain to create automation in paying claims. Blockchain has the power to assist automate claims functions by verifying coverage between companies and reinsurers. It’ll also automate payments between parties for claims and thus lower administrative costs for insurance companies. An analysis by Gartner estimates blockchain will generate $3.1 trillion in new business value by 2030. We will also envision a future state where new life assurance applications are submitted using blockchain.
Another potential use of blockchain would be the transmission of any form of digital evidence for underwriting, including the employment of electronic health records (EHR). When digital evidence is simpler to include in underwriting, we will expect future changes in other areas of pricing and merchandise development. The mix of the net of Things (IoT) and computer science (AI) will result in the automation of insurance processes that may make our industry look very different in the near future. However, these are still new technologies that need proper due diligence before being fully leveraged by the insurance industry.
A cryptocurrency is a virtual or digital currency that is protected by cryptography, making counterfeiting and double spending nearly impossible. Many cryptocurrencies are built on block chain technology. Block chain is a distributed ledger implemented by a distributed network of computers. These digital currencies are characterized by the fact that they are not distributed by any centralized authority, making them unaffected by government control or exploitation. A cryptocurrency is a form of digital asset that is built on a network that spans a large number of computers.
They are able to operate outside of the influence of governments and central authority because of their decentralized nature. The term cryptocurrency comes from the encryption method used to keep the network secure. Many of these cryptocurrencies rely so much on block chains, which are organizational methods for ensuring the integrity of transactional data. Block chain and related technologies, according to analysts would disrupt many sectors, including finance and law. Cryptocurrency have been berated for many reasons, including their use for illicit activity, exchange range fluctuation, and infrastructure that underpins them becoming fragile. Their portability, divisibility, inflation tolerance, and openness, in the other hand have been commended.
Cryptocurrency Wallet is a digital tool you can use to interact with the block chain network. Crypto wallets store cryptocurrencies. They work as a gateway that provides the tools a user needs to communicate with the block chain. It has a private key associated with it. As a user always keep the private key safe. These wallets can generate all the information we need to use cryptocurrencies. These allows you to take control of your cryptocurrencies.
The various types of wallets can be divided into three main groups. All these wallets can also be referred as Hot or Cold wallets.
3 main groups.
- Software Wallet. You can avail this wallet in 3 forms: online, mobile and desktop. The currency are found and stored as a software on a device.
- Hardware Wallet. This enables you to store your cryptocurrencies in a physical device which looks like a USB drive. It stores your private keys and do not expose them to the outside world. It provides defense against cyber hacks, fishing scams and key loggers.
- Paper Wallet. It is a hardcopy or a printed piece of paper. It will have keys and QR codes that will be used in any cryptocurrency transaction. The information cannot be found in the Internet thus many find this option safer.
This is commonly known as DeFi. It is known that cryptocurrencies are digital assets that are not controlled by any banks or government. These digital tokens can be transferred or sent to anyone from anyone in all corners of the globe without the need of a bank or any financial institute. Cryptocurrencies are decentralized money. Compared to the paper currency that we currently used, these are centralized currencies which rely on a central authority. Decentralized finance aims to replace our current financial system.
DeFi is a term used to define financial services with no central authority. The use of decentralized money like certain cryptocurrencies that can be programmed for automated activity can lead to the building of exchanges, lending services, insurance companies and other organizations that don’t have any owner and are not controlled by anyone.
What are the risks of DeFi:
- Still in its infancy stage.
- Use cautiously with a small amount of money.
- Some services are only partially centralized.
- Intensive research is needed before attempting to avail of any services you want to invest in.
Before you start investing in these digital assets there are some important things to note and remember.
- Cryptocurrencies are very unstable. They can go very high and go down very fast. With the blink of an eye, its current value can abruptly drop. There are many risks involve and its to risky because you can loose all your hard earned money. It’s safer not to gamble your financial security. Think twice before investing.
- The use of cryptocurrency has to pass through a needle’s hole before being accepted by the public. It should be built in shared trust and reliability. Do a survey and only a small percentage knows about this digital currencies.
- These currencies can be used illegally. This is the ideal medium used by many criminals, terrorists and hackers.
- Trading and investing in cryptocurrency is a gamble. You can exchange its used without any regulation. It’s credibility has yet to be established.
During this digital age, we are hearing more about cryptocurrencies. The public has been skeptical about this and are asking its effect on banks. The question being raised now is will banks accept or adopt its use? Will they also venture in creating its own cryptocurrencies? If yes, how will this affect its clients.
Before moving forward, we should define cryptocurrencies first. Cryptocurrencies are digital currency that has no physical form. They are being used mostly in the web and are kept electronically via the blockchain. For its security, it uses an encryption technology to authenticate the movement of funds. With it’s increase and introduction to the web some Treasuries are considering to make a further research and study about this digital currencies. This would help them determine its role in the financial world and in a bigger picture, the economy.